Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby Steps

Late last week I received a call from our practitioner.  She has begun to look through the package I sent her and said everything was looking good.  She was pleased with the list I had prepared of all the local support groups, and thought it was wonderful I had spent so much time looking into it. 

I filled her in on our trip to the Adoption Exchange.  She sounded a bit surprised that we had gone, but was glad it was such a positive experience for us.  She said most people do not re-evaluate the type of child they are interested in until after the PRIDE training.  She felt that our time at the exchange had put us one step ahead in the emotional process.

I felt the conversation went well and that we are still on good terms.  She did not mention the inspection or give me any idea of when she was going to do it.  She said she still needed some time to go through the rest of the paper work I sent her and that she would be "in touch". 

So we are still waiting, but I feel a bit better now that I have spoken to her.  Our first PRIDE session is May 6th, which I cannot believe is coming up so soon.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that the inspection will be complete prior to our last session on May 15th, since this will complete our part of the Homestudy process.

No comments:

Post a Comment